2011 – 2013
Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Science and Research Branch, Islamic AZAD University, Tehran, Iran.
M.Sc of Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing and Production). Overall GPA (18.30/20)
2006 – 2010
Department of Mechanical Engineering, SAVEH Branch, Islamic AZAD University, Saveh , Iran.
B.Sc of Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing and Production).
Instructor at IAU University
Research member at Amirkabir University of Technology
September 2015- 2016
Instructor at OOJ Nonprofit Institution of Higher Education
January 2015 – Present
Instructor at University of Applied Science and Technology
August 2013 – January 2015
- Metal forming and Manufacturing Processes
- Modeling and Optimization of Manufacturing Processes (Using Finite Element Method (FEM), Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Design of Experiments (DOE))
- Atomic force microscopy (AFM)
- SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR HYDROSTATIC BACKWARD EXTRUSION, V.Shatermashhadi, B.Manafi, K.abrinia, United States Patent, No. 20,160,052,035. 25 Feb. 2016
- Hydrostatic backward extrusion, V.Shatermashhadi, B.Manafi, K.abrinia, Iran Patent 81154 Issued November 18, 2013
- Novel method of backward extrusion, V.Shatermashhadi, B.Manafi, K.abrinia, Iran patent 83165 Issued June 24, 2014
- Amphibious boats, M.Keshavarzi, B.Manafi, Iran Patent 71913 Issued October 15, 2011
- Design and manufacturing of amphibious vehicles, M.Keshavarzi, B.Manafi, Iran Patent 68075 Issued December 25, 2010
- Najafi, M., Manafi, B., & Mohammadi, M. R. (2017). A preliminary study on the feasibility of forward extrusion with variable angular cross section. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 92(1-4), 1081-1091.
- Manafi, B., & Saeidi, M. (2016). Development of a novel severe plastic deformation
method: friction stir equal channel angular pressing. The International Journal of
Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 1-8.
- Manafi, B., Shatermashhadi, V., Abrinia, K., Faraji, G., & Sanei, M. (2015). Development of a novel bulk plastic deformation method: hydrostatic backward extrusion. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 1-8.
- Shatermashhadi, V., Manafi, B., Abrinia, K., Faraji, G., & Sanei, M. (2014). Development of a novel method for the backward extrusion. Materials & Design, 62, 361-366.
- Sanei, M., & Manafi, B. (2017). Influence of UO bending process parameters on the friction coefficient. Materials Testing, 59(3), 265-271.
- Majid Alamdari, Mehdi Saeidi, Babak Manafi, Abolfazl Masoumi and Kavan Ghowsi,. (2015). Influences of pin profile on the macrostructure and mechanical properties of friction stir welded AA6061-T6 alloy T-joints. Materials Testing. [doi: 10.3139/120.110801]
- Saeidi, M., Manafi, B., Givi, M. B., & Faraji, G. (2015). Mathematical modeling and optimization of friction stir welding process parameters in AA5083 and AA7075 aluminum alloy joints. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 0954405415573697.
- Manafi, B., Saeidi, M., Shatermashhadi, V., Abrinia, K., & Faraji, G. Study on the deformation behavior of polyamide under the backward extrusion process. Journal of Polymer Engineering.
- Saeidi, M., Behnagh, R. A., Manafi, B., Nikoo, M. F., & Givi, M. K. B. (2015). Study on ultrafine-grained aluminum matrix nanocomposite joint fabricated by friction stir welding. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials Design and Applications.
- Abyaneh, P. M. M., Habibnejad, M., & Manafi, B. (2015). Dynamic analysis of AFM at air and liquid environments with considering the linear and non-linear interaction forces by Timoshenko beam model. International Journal of Advanced Design and Manufacturing Technology, 8(2).
- Manafi, B., Saeidi, M. (2015). Deformation behavior of 93 Tungsten alloy under hydrostatic extrusion. Elixir Mechanical Engineering, 76 (2014) 28487-28492.
- Ali, H.R., Manafi, B., V.Shatermashhadi, V., & A.Salimi, A. (2013). Analysis and investigation of honeycomb sandwich panel parameters under Static three-point bending”, Elixir Mechanical Engineering, 61(2013) 17009-17012.
- Implementation of Angular rate micro sensors in the automotive industry, Tool makers, October 22, 2012. (in Persian)
- Investigation on the model definition and curl distortion in the produced parts by Stereolithography (SLA), Tool makers, 68 (2012) 75-79. (in Persian)
- B. Manafi, S. Asfa, “Mathematical modeling and optimization of consumed energy in the backward extrusion process through response surface method and genetic algorithm”, International Conference on Modern Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, September 2018-Stockholm Sweden.
- B. Manafi, M. Saeidi, “Appraising the forming pressure in the hydrostatic extrusion process of Tungsten alloy”, 1st National Conference on Development of Civil Engineering, Architecture, Electricity and Mechanical, 18 December 2014, Gorgan, Iran.
- B. Manafi, M. Saeidi, “Investigating the influence of die parameters in the cold backward extrusion of polymers”, 1st National Conference on Development of Civil Engineering, Architecture, Electricity and Mechanical, 18 December 2014, Gorgan, Iran.
- P. Maleki, M.H.Korayem, B.manafi and M.Damircheli, “Dynamic analysis of AFM at air and liquid environments and investigate the effect of geometrical parameters on the frequency response of the rectangular cantilever”, Fifteenth Nanotechnology Iranian student conference, Iranian Nanotechnology society April 24, 2014. (in Persian)
- Analysis and investigation of the process parameters for a newly developed hydrostatic backward extrusion of containers on force
- Investigation on the material selection and manufacturing methods of MEMS.
- Design of an antenna hexapod robot, August 2012 to February 2013
- Research on the frequency response of atomic force microscopy, August 2012 to December 2013
- Design and manufacturing of the power transmission of the electronic vehicle, September 2008 to September 2009, Sharif university competition
- Proficient in ADAMS
- Proficient in DEFORM
- Experienced in ABAQUS
DOE and Data Mining
- Proficient in Qualitek-4
- Experienced in Minitab (DOE)
- Experienced in CATIA
- Experienced in SolidWorks
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5(L6/R6/W6.5/S7.5)